Motor mount studies
After trying a couple ways of attaching the motor directly to the bottle, I realized that making a stand for the motor separate from it would be a better solution. Even further, the answer I came to is more elegant than the previous one.
The wood in between the acrylic plates will directly connect to the sand that I’ll be using to fill the bottles in order to get different tones. It is important to make the motor visible, conceptually, to maintain the diaphanous character of the project.
As I expected, the wiring is really complicated – but it works! So I decided to draw the schematics for an enclosure made of acrylic sheets and standoffs. That helped a lot on visualising how the components will be positioned. The enclosure will have a base and a top. Circuit code is on github.